Community Response Fund of Cass and Clay Counties Awards First Round of Grants
- May 04, 2020
The FM Area Foundation activated its Community Response Fund of Cass and Clay Counties in March to provide grants to nonprofits directly involved in addressing needs for vulnerable populations during the COVID-19 crisis. To date, the fund has raised $115,395.84 and the Foundation moved $250,000 from its annual community grant round dollars into this fund, bringing the total to $365,395.84.
The first round of grants were awarded from the fund, totaling $193,896.76, to the following organizations:
- Access of the RRV., Inc. $7,500
- Afro American Development Association $10,000
- A Place for Hope $7,500
- BridgePointe Community Church $5,000
- Cass County Rural Community Emergency Food Pantry, Inc. $5,000
- CCRI - Creative Care for Reaching Independence $10,000
- CHI Friendship $896.76
- Churches United for the Homeless $15,000
- Emergency Food Pantry $15,000
- Family HealthCare $10,000
- Friends of the Children-FM $10,000
- Immigrant Development Center $10,000
- Jasmin Childcare $15,000
- Jeremiah Program $7,500
- New American Consortium for Wellness & Empowerment $10,000
- New Life Center $15,000
- REACH Rural Enrichment & Counseling Headquarters, Inc $7,500
- Tu’deako Group $3,000
- YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties $15,000
- YWCA Cass Clay $15,000
We want to thank these organizations for their hard work and dedication during these challenging times.
We are still accepting donations to provide support to nonprofit organizations in our region. Grants from the fund will be awarded on a rolling basis. If you’d like to donate to the Community Response Fund of Cass and Clay Counties, please visit areafoundation.org/disaster. Interested in learning more about this fund? We’ve provided an FAQ.
$193,896 awarded from the Community Response Fund to nonprofits serving people in Cass-Clay during the COVID-19 crisis.