The Caring Catalog will be open November 29 - December 13, 2021!
The Caring Catalog is an online, giving platform powered by the FM Area Foundation to help connect community members with local nonprofits during the holiday season.
In 2020, our community came together and raised more than $226,000 for nonprofits in Cass-Clay. One hundred percent of the dollars raised go back into the community through the participating nonprofits. There are no fees to participate and we cover all credit card fees, so every dollar raised goes directly to the local nonprofits.
HOW DOES THE CARING CATALOG WORK?
- Shop the list of programs and give to one or more nonprofits easily.
- Click the donate button to support the nonprofit(s) of your choosing.
- Each organization is requesting funding for a specific project, program or organizational need.
- All participating charities are located in Cass County, North Dakota, or Clay County, Minnesota, and serve this region.
- Your donation is tax-deductible.
- We absorb the credit card fees, so 100% of your donation directly supports the nonprofits.
- Minimum online donation is $10.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
As the community foundation serving the Cass-Clay region, the FM Area Foundation aims to encourage philanthropy in our community and celebrate the nonprofits doing important work every day.
- Show the Fargo-Moorhead area's spirit of giving.
- Generate awareness in the community about the many services our nonprofit community provides.
- Raise dollars for the nonprofits serving our community.
- Offer a central location for community members to view local nonprofits' end-of-year needs.
DONATE THROUGH THE CARING CATALOG
When giving through the Caring Catalog you can make multiple gifts in one transaction. All gifts are tax-deductible. We accept:
- Online donations.
- Checks made out to the FM Area Foundation, with the nonprofit you want to support in the memo line.
- Gifts of stock. (Please contact our office at 701.234.0756 and ask for Patty Mastel or Greg Diehl.)
Your Tax Deduction
You will receive an email confirmation of your gift immediately after your donation, and a second detailed tax receipt will follow. If you do not see it come through, check your junk mail or contact our office.
We will share your contact information with the organization(s) you support, so they can send you special recognition and thanks. If you do not wish to have your information shared, you can chose to be anonymous and we'll keep your donation private. PLEASE NOTE: The nonprofits will not receive your donation information until the end of the campaign, so thank you's may be delayed.
Give from your FM Area Foundation Donor Advised Fund
If you have a donor advised fund at the FM Area Foundation, you can support nonprofits participating in the Caring Catalog easily and directly from your account online. Just log in here, click "Caring Catalog," and enter the donation amount for the nonprofits you want to support. It's fast, easy and fun! Learn more about donor advised funds.
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors!
- American Crystal Sugar
- Charles and Linda Moses Foundation Fund
- Francis J. and Janet D. Beaton Memorial Fund
- Heartland Trust Company
- John and Sherri Stern
- Louise and Bernie Dardis
- Marilyn and Bill Guy
- Mohr Family - Dacotah Paper Fund
- My Best Friend's Closet