COVID-19 Community Response Fund Grants
Community Response Fund Grants
The FM Area Foundation’s Community Response Fund of Cass and Clay Counties will award grants to nonprofit organizations in Cass County, N.D., and Clay County, Minn., who are on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic and serving vulnerable populations.
The grant priorities from the Community Response Fund include:
Support to nonprofit organizations directly involved in addressing needs in Cass-Clay, particularly for vulnerable populations, such as people experiencing homelessness, people with low incomes, people with physical and mental disabilities, senior citizens, people with limited English proficiency, people facing hardships due to lost or reduced work, etc.• Developing community well-being for coping and healing, including youth development and mental health services.
One application will be accepted per calendar year. Applicants must be an IRS-approved tax exempt nonprofit under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue code as described in IRC 501(c)(3) or a church or a tax-exempt school or other government entity located in Cass County, North Dakota, or Clay County, Minnesota. Fiscal sponsorships are accepted with the completion and submission of your fiscal sponsorship agreement form.
In reviewing applications, the Foundation will consider the following criteria:
- The extent to which the proposal addresses a community need, demonstrates broad-based community support, and provides benefits to the community-at-large.
- The extent to which the proposal maximizes community resources through cooperation and collaboration with other organizations in the community and the elimination of redundant services, programs or projects.
- Nonprofits must have an office located in Cass County, N.D., or Clay County, Minn., to be eligible to apply.
- The FM Area Foundation strongly encourages organizations to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program through the SBA and explore additional federal, state and foundation funding.
We expect the need to far exceed our capacity, therefore, grant requests up to $15,000 will be considered.
The grant application is currently closed for 2020 as our grants committee has evaluated five rounds of grant proposals, and awarded over $376,000. If you have a specific emergent need, please reach out via email to Lexi Oestreich, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final report forms on awarded 2019 grants must be submitted prior to submitting a 2020 grant request. Visit our Resources and Forms page for the final report form.
- Event sponsorships are no longer managed through the grant round. For event sponsorship requests, please contact Lexi Oestreich at email@example.com.